Instagram by Oliver Cole

Hello all,

Ollie kindly agreed to guest post this week for me. I'm short on time at present because my course has unloaded two major deadlines on us all, so I'm moderately stressed and did not want the pressure of my blog timetable (Wednesdays and Sundays) to stress me any further. Ollie has been the backbone of my blog since the start, and now you can see for yourself how wonderful he is for investing his time and effort into this post for me - thank you Ols! Oh, and if you would like to find him on social media (namely Instagram and Youtube), his username for everything is 'rescw' (he insists it isn't pronounced 'rescue').

Lots of love, Ang




Instagram is my favourite of all social medias. After nearly four years since its introduction, the app is still fresh and still lures me to come back for more: every morning, evening, and every moment in between!

I started using this app whilst it was still in its early stages (I say early but it was the no.1 app in the app store within 24 hours of its launch), and now four years later here I am, still uploading and still loving it! So what is it about Instagram that is so utterly enjoyable?  Discovery!  Discovering new accounts is a definite highlight for me; throughout the four years I have collated a firm few favourites that have inspired and taught me some key, fundamental aspects of photography.

Now, without further ado, I’d like to share with you (in no particular order), some of my favourite Instagram users:
  •  @finn // As a lover of adventure, Finn’s account is one that really appealed to me. Finn is a photographer who travels around the world in search for the perfect shot. His account is a real spectacle and allows us to follow him on his global exploits.
  • @visualmemories_ // Jomayra is a photographer based in Brooklyn, New York; her feed is bursting with inspiring shots from within the city itself. Some of my favourite images from Jomayra’s feed involve symmetrical shots of streets and architecture, which is impressive considering how busy New York is/can be.
  • @m_i_s_o_ // This is an account that Ang introduced me to. Miso is an incredible homemade tattoo artist and has one of the most unique feeds around. She creates delicately simplistic tattoos - via needle and ink - for people in return for a small gift – like modern bartering! Be warned, if you check her account out, you’ll want one of her tattoos!
  • @_tamarapeterson // Tamara’s feed is evidence that you don’t need the latest equipment to take great imagery. The notable thing about Tamara’s account is that all of her photographs are taken using only her iPhone camera. It’s inspiring to see such amazing photographs being taken by something as accessible as a camera phone!

Thank you for reading!
Ollie

2 comments

  1. off to check these out! thank you for sharing!
    following you on bloglovin', hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'll check out your blog now :) x

      Delete